Over the past week, we have focused on:
- Establishing routines and procedures for Daily Five (our literacy "centers")
- Understanding place value to the 100's (creating "pig houses" was a blast!)
- Creating bold beginnings for our writing
- Using cardinal and intermediate directions to describe an object's location
- Completing our first STEM activity
Coming up next week:
Reading: We are continuing to establish routines and procedures for Daily Five. We will be focusing on asking and answering questions (such as who, what, where, when, why, and how) and retelling stories.
Writing: We will be working on writing mighty middles and excellent endings to go along with our bold beginnings. We will also begin taking a piece of writing through the full writing process.
Spelling: Our spelling patterns for the week will be long a and short a.
Math: We will be working on representing a number in multiple ways (number word, base ten blocks, standard form, and expanded form).
Social Studies: We will be working on identifying and describing the five regions of Georgia.