Upcoming events this month....
- 1/14 - Stars and Strikes Night 6pm-8pm
- 1/15 - MLK Holiday, no school
- 1/19 - BINGO Night 6pm-9pm
- 1/25 - Stevie B's Night 5pm-8pm
- 1/26 - STAR LAB experience
In Math this month...
- Comparing 3 digit numbers in different forms including standard form, expanded form, written form, base ten form, and place value form
- Numbers 10 more and 10 Less than a given number
- Mental skip counting by 10's and 100's.
- Adding and subtracting numbers within 1,000. Students will be building on strategies previously learned last quarter.
In Reading this month...
- We begin our unit on Fables and Folktales. Students are responsible for knowing the characters, setting, and moral of fables read aloud including a variety of questions about each fable.
- Point of View -- students will be able to pick out the differences in the points of view of characters and changing their voice to match the dialogue of the characters.
In Language Arts this month...
- R-Controlled Vowels (ar, or, ir, ur, er)
- Adjectives & Adverbs
In Writing this month...
- Writing letters and understanding where the commas belong in the letter
- Opinion Writing - Students will be introduced to the idea of stating their own opinion, give reasons and examples for their opinion using linking words. (because, and also), and creating a conclusion statement.
- Students will work on producing, expanding and rearranging sentences to make them better.