We are very excited for this new school year to begin and we hope you all are too! It was great to see those of you who were able to make it to "sneak-a-peek" and looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday. We will be spending lots of time the first week of school getting to know one another and experiencing our classroom routines:
- Pictures from home- Don't forget to bring in a picture from home to share a little piece of yourself with the rest of the class! We will be sharing the pictures throughout the week.
- Supplies- If you were unable to bring in your supplies on Friday, please be sure to bring them in ASAP as we will be organizing our desks and classroom.
- Math- We will be introducing some fun math games this week that the students will be able to play throughout the year. "Addition" will be the focus this week, in order to practice our addition facts.
- Reading- This week we will focus on our reading stamina! We will be building up our independent reading skills and also doing read-alouds.
- "Getting to know you"- In addition to sharing our pictures from home, we will be doing various activities and playing games that will help to make us feel at home with our new classroom family.
- Class/School Procedures and Rules- It is very important to us that your children are safe and well taken care of at school! In order for optimal learning to take place, it is important for us to spend a significant amount of time going over the rules and procedures within our classroom and throughout Keheley!
Have a happy first week of second grade!
*Continue to check on here for classroom updates!